Jump Start Your Simulation Research by Taking Advantage of Shared NEES Resources
NEES researchers and NEEShub users from around the world are sharing data, publishing their computational models, and community-developed benchmark problem statements. Explore these resources to jump start your research in these areas by simply clicking on the links below.
Enjoy the ride and best wishes for a successful research experience!
- Computational models for a variety of structural and geotechnical systems are documented and shared for use by community members. Note that many researchers also embed their models in their projects in the Project Warehouse.
- Benchmark Problems that collect a series of models, simulation codes, and associated problem statements developed over a period of 15 years by a Joint Task Group of IASC & ASCE committee members. These offer opportunities to rapidly become familiar with the concepts and challenges of structural control systems. These include:
- Structural Control Benchmark Problems – More than 10 building and bridge models, with associated simulation tools and complete problem statements are available.
- Structural Monitoring – Analytical tools and experimental data are included in these problem statements addressing damage detection in frame structures
- Wireless Sensors Structural Control Benchmark Problem
- Open Data for Model Updating Studies - NEES researchers have done the searching for you, and identified a number of published data sets that can be used for monitoring and model updating research and education. The relevant characteristics of these projects are summarized in: Wei Song, Luis Hernández (2014): Projects Suitable for Structural Health Monitoring and Model Updating Research. Network for Earthquake Engineering Simulation (NEES). Dataset. Version: 2014-11-10T15:43:40. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4231/D3ZW18T26
If you would like to contribute additional benchmark problems and computational models for use by the research community, go to Tools and Resources and click on the Submit a resource button. For questions, submit a support ticket using the button at the top of the page.