- Ensure that remote participants are authorized to access your facility’s services, including flexTPS, RDV, and any other resources that require authentication and authorization.
- Check with your campus network team regarding possible traffic shapers or firewalls on your site's external network connection. Ensure that these do not become a limiting factor for your applications under heavy loads.
- Perform a network bandwidth and latency test before the experiment to understand the capacity of your network and estimate how many remote participants can be accommodated.
- Perform a full dry run of the experiment to identify any unforseen server errors (e.g. running out of memory).
- Obtain a host certificate that is signed by a recognized certificate authority for your production deployment of the flexTPS server.
- Configure all DataTurbine data sources to be the same length in time. This will reduce user confusion when reviewing historic data from RDV.
- Ensure that the DataTurbine server and the DataTurbine API used by the client are from the same version of the DataTurbine distribution.
- Set up distributed DataTurbine servers for a group of remote participants from the same geographical location to alleviate network and server load on the main DataTurbine server. Use parent-child, mirror or robust routing configurations.
- Use a mirrored DataTurbine server on the local network to backup the streaming data of important data channels.
- Setup local firewall rules to filter out unauthorized access to your telepresence services.
- Maintain a reliable audio channel (e.g. WebEx audio conference) for all remote participants to communicate with each other and learn latest status of the experiment.
- All Articles
- Citations 5
- Collaborate Information 13
- Contribute Information 1
- Data Curation 7
- Data Management 2
- Get Started 11
- Login & Registration 12
- Members & Groups 9
- Miscellaneous 17
- Project Warehouse 2
- Resources 4
- Security 1
- Site Activities 5
- Student Programs 1
- Supercomputing Allocations 2
- Tags 6
- Tips 6
- Tools 25
- Training & Outreach 6
- WebEx 15
Best Practices for Remote Participation in Experiments (IT Administrators)
Last updated @ on