Frequently Asked Questions about Quake Summit 2012
July 9-12, 2012 in Boston, Massachusetts
- Where is the Annual meeting Located?
All conference proceedings are being held at :
John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center
900 Boyston Street
Boston, Ma 02115
- What are the dates of the annual meeting?
The Annual Meeting begins at 2:00 PM on Wednesday, July 11 and concludes at 5:00 PM on Thursday July 12.
- Are there any activities before the Annual Meeting Opening Plenary Session?
Yes, pre-meeting activities include the following:
EOT Workshop beginning on Sunday July 8 at 6:00 PM, concluding Monday, July 9 at 4:00 PM
Governance Board meeting on Monday, July 9, 4:00-8:00 PM
NEES committee meeting on Tuesday July 10, 8:00 AM - 7:30 PM
NEEShub Bootcamps on Wednesday, July 11, 8:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Simulation Workshop for Invited Attendees from 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- What meals are included in the registration price?
Poster reception with cash bar on Wedesnday, July 11, 6:00-7:30 PM
Lunch on Thursday, July 12 during awards ceremony
Additionally, lunch will be served to NEES committee members on Tuesday, July 10
- Can additional registrations be made on-site?
Yes, late registrations will take place at the registration area. Registration on-site will be $350 for general participants and $200 for students.
- Will I have access to Wi-Fi at the annual meeting?
Yes, all attendees will have wireless internet service provided to them at no charge in the convention center.
- What hotels are being used?
There are 3 hotels, all of them are either connected or within walking distance to the convention center.
Marriott Copley Place: 1.617.236.5800
The Colonnade: 1.617.424.7000
The Westin Copley Place: 1.617.2629600
- Is there a way for me to view the schedule of events before I arrive in Boston?
Yes, the complete program can be found at: www.nees.org/quakesummit2012