EERI Student Leadership Council
Student Researcher Symposium at Quake Summit
July 11, 2012, Boston, Massachusetts
|Wednesday, July 11, 2012
|8:00 am - 9:00 am
- Timothy Gregor, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
"Large Scale Experimental Seismic Testing of Hybrid Masonry"
- Brian McFall, Georgia Institute of Technology
"Landslide Generated Tsunamis in Various Scenarios"
- Thien Tran, University of California, Los Angeles
"Nonlinear Cyclic Response of Special Structural Walls"
- Hamed Ebrahimian, University of California, San Diego
"Nonlinear Finite Element Simulation of Full-Scale Five Story
Reinforced Concrete Shake-Table Building Specimen Using DIANA"
|9:00 am - 9:15 am
|9:15 am - 10:15 am
- Nicolas Oettle, University of California, Berkeley
"Building Near Faults: Earthquake Surface Fault Rupture Interaction
- Jack Montgomery, University of California, Davis
"Factors Affecting the Prediction of Liquefaction Triggering Under
- Deepak Raj Pant, Tokyo Institute of Technology
"Influence of Near-fault Ground Motions and Seismic Pounding on the
Response of Base-Isolated Reinforced Concrete Buildings"
- Maryam Nazari, Iowa State University
"NEESR-CR: Rocking Wall Project-Dynamic Response Characterization"
|10:15 am - 10:30 am
|10:30 am - 12:00 pm
||Guest Speakers Presentations
- Laurie Baise, Associate Professor, Tufts University
- Scott J. Brandenberg, Associate Professor, University of California, Los Angeles
- Eric Hines, Professor of Practice, Tufts University and Principal, LeMessurier Consultants
- Jennifer Anna Pazdon, M.Sc., Pazdon Engineering
|12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
||Provided Lunch by EERI-SLC
|4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
||Tour of Iconic Buildings in Boston
SLC moderator names
- Nima Tafazzoli, University of California, Davis
- Vanessa Heckman, California Institute of Technology
- Erica Fischer, Purdue University
- Tim Wright, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Maria Koliou, University at Buffalo
- Rodrigo Astroza, University of California, San Diego
- Stephanie German, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Jeffrey Dowgala, Purdue University