NEEShub Simulation Capabilities
Simulation tool developers, NEES power users who:
* have a very large simulations or many simulations in excess of 30 minutes run time.
* need to script parameter sweeps
* run a structure analysis with a large suite of ground motions.
* Introduction to the linux workspace tool on NEEShub.
* Manual execution (command line) of the opensees simulator
* Manual execution (command line) of other applications.
* Use of the new batchsubmit command to run opensees
* Use of batchsubmit to run other applications
* The batchstatus command
* Demonstration of how HOME directory space is linked to scratch space.
* Simple parallel execution (the --ncpus argument to batchsubmit)
* Parallel opensees (how to modify sequential input to be parallel input)
* How to use batchsubmit for other venues.
* Overview of various NEES execution High Performance Computing (HPC) venues: They are local hub execution, osg, hansen, steele, kraken, and ranger.
* Advanced batchsubmit options and scripting the execution of batchsubmit. How does the openseeslab user interface use batchsubmit.
Credits and References
Gregory Rodgers, NEEScomm IT
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: