NEES Project Warehouse
Experiment contains data, required documentation, and relevant metadata.
Complete - 09/02/2011
The curation dashboard shows your progress as you add required elements to your project or experiment.
|Experiment Type:||Large Scale|
|Description:||MR Damper Characterization tests conducted in Lehigh aims to identify MR Damper No. 1 which will be used in Real-Time Hybrid Tests(RTHT).
The characterization process is based on five trials. These are(change this info):
1) Active Motion Control(AMC) Identification
2) Reaction against Constant Current/Random Displacement
3) Reaction against Random Current/Random Displacement
4) Response Time of MR Damper with Various Input
5) Reaction against Sine Wave with Active Motion Control(AMC)
6) Reaction against Sine Wave with DC Power Supply
7) Rise Time of MR Damper Force
8) Settling Time of MR Damper Force
9) Rise Time with Various Input Currents
The results have been used to generate an adequate model to explain the behavior of the MR Damper.
MR damper used in the characterization tests has the following properties:
The length of the stroke is 1.5m.
The available stroke length is A?279mm.
The electromagnetic coil consists of 368 turns of 18 AWG magnet wire with an annular gap of 1.0 mm between the piston head and the inside diameter of the damper cylinder.
The damper is filled with approximately 19 liters of MRF-132DG type MR fluid.
Damper is manufactured by Lord Corporation.
|Dates:||August 01, 2009 - December 14, 2009|
|Facility:||Lehigh University, PA, United States|
|Specimen Type:||MR Damper 1|
|Material:||Component 1 (view)|
MR Damper 1 Sensor Plan
No files available
No Images Found.
|Cite this work:|