Development Road Map
* Build initial prototype authoring program.
* Canvas current visualization tools.
* Gather requirements from researchers, users, IT including various NEES sites.
* Determine suitability of existing data sets in the NEES repository.
* Generate authoring files for selected data sets.
* Collect information about existing data sets.
* Build initial prototype of plotting program.
*—— Read authoring files and selected NEES repository data files.
*—— Handle selected data sets.
* Launch both tools from webpages.
* Demonstrate initial prototype for use-ability and visibility.
* Complete basic features.
*—— Add time-scale axes.
*—— Automatically determine possible graphs to be generated.
*—— Stacked graphs.
* Demonstrate prototype to small group of selected researchers.
Get feedback for current direction, planned features, future directions, etc.
* Demonstrate prototype to NEEScomm IT.
* Include access to NEES repository.
*—— Query projects/experiments/trials?
* Finalize “indeed” file syntax.
*—— Does the authoring tool provide all the information we need for plotting?
*—— MATLAB file format.
* Extended features
*—— Trial vs trial capability.
*—— Initial “story” capability. Specify data sets and graphs generated.
* Gather requirements for extended “story” capability.
* Test against various raw data sets.
* Experiment vs experiment capability.
* QA testing.
* Write user guide and make how-to videos.
* Alpha testing
*—— Allow special researchers/users to use plotting/authoring tools from HUB.
*—— Provide limited upload capability to view user data.
* Replay capability.
*—— Display marching waveforms.
Image (RDV-like pictures) data if available.
* Annotation feature.
*—— Allow researchers/users to add comments to a “story”.
* Back-annotation feature.
Trace graph data points back to table data.
* Plug-in service for pre and post processing of data.
*—— Developer created services.
* Integrate plotting with simulation tools.
* Beta testing
*—— Open tool to expanded set of special researchers/users.
*—— Tool usage tracked.
* Initial release to all users.