Posted in Announcements
Major Shake Table Test of a Curved-Bridge at UNR
NEES@UNR will be webcasting the shaking of the second model configuration in the curved-bridge project. The 2/5 scale, 145-ft long, 3-span bridge has a radius of 80 ft at the centerline and rests on all four shake tables. The superstructure consists of three steel girders and a concrete deck that is 12 ft wide. Among unique features of this bridge configuration is the six F250 pick-up trucks on its deck.
- Low level testing; 10%, 20% and 50% Design Earthquake (DE) was completed on Tuesday (9/13).
- Mid level testing; 75%, 100% and 150% DE will begin at 10:00am (PDT) on Wednesday (9/14).
- High level testing; 200%, 250% and 300% DE will start at 10:00am (PDT) on Thursday (9/15).
For the webcast link and more information about the project, please visit project website at http://nees.unr.edu/projects/curved_bridge.html.
Data and video will also be streamed and can be accessed through RDV.
- Click on the link to view the FlexTPS Telepresence Note that this link is always active and has multiple camera angles, but has no audio. Axis active-x Control will be downloaded automatically, and java is required for Internet Explorer.
- Click on the link to start the Live Web Cast Note that this link will not work until the time of transmission, has a 27 sec. delay, and will contain any commentary from the PI.