Hybrid Simulation Workshop at NEES@Berkeley - June 28-29
Posted in Announcements
Hybrid Simulation Workshop at NEES@Berkeley - June 28 & 29
This year's Hybrid Simulation Workshop emphasizes real-time loading, including demonstrations of our new "smart" dynamic platform. Attendees will:
- Learn the basics of hybrid simulation methods
- Learn about the basic tools OpenSees and OpenFresco
- Conduct several real-time hybrid simulation demonstrations at the NEES@Berkeley equipment site
- Be able to use hybrid simulation in your NEES and non-NEES projects
- Prepare to develop new hybrid simulation tests and algorithms
- Learn about pros and cons (accuracy, limits, ease of use, field applications in damage assessment) of modern non-conventional monitoring and measuring techniques.
The registration deadline is June 15. This workshop is offered at no cost to participants.
Limited travel support is available for graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, or tenure-track faculty at US schools. Please register and apply for travel support using the online registration form at the Hybrid Simulation Workshop web page.