Posted in Announcements
Information regarding NEES Site Utilization Request Form (SURF)
Information for NEESR Proposers regarding the NEES Site Utilization Request Form (SURF)
NEEScomm would like to offer clarification regarding the Site Utilization Request Form (SURF) that is required to be submitted along with NEESR proposals for NSF Program Solicitation 11-566.
- The SURF is the only form that needs to be submitted with NEESR proposals at this time. Site Utilization Agreements (SUAs) and Equipment Site Utilization Forms (ESUFs) are not required to be submitted with proposals and will need to be completed only after proposals are selected for funding.
- NEEScomm DSO approval is not required prior to submitting the SURF to NSF with your proposal. Copies of the SURF will be provided to the DSO once NSF has notified proposers of potential awards.
- Researchers proposing to use multiple sites may submit only one form containing a request for utilization of multiple sites. The NEESR solicitation does indicate that one form should be submitted per site. However, NSF has indicated that one form containing multiple sites will also be accepted.
- The SURF should be submitted with NEESR proposals in the Special Information and Supplementary Documentation.
- A blank copy of the SURF along with instructions and the corresponding Site Scheduling Protocol is located on the NEEShub policies page: http://nees.org/about/policies.
- Additional information on the SURF can be found here: https://nees.org/resources/3757
We thank you for your patience as we implement these new procedures.